I perused the internet, and finally settled on an advent calendar like this one:
I like the rustic, simple look of it.
So, first I gathered my supplies, and thankfully, I had everything already to make this!!!
I hung some strong string from the mantle
found a pattern for a stocking online: sometimes I search for childrens coloring pages to find simple designs.. try it!!!
Painted the clothespins red and green {TIME.CON.SUM.ING!}
Started sewing the stockings.. there will be 25 in all! {Thankful for ladies craft night at church!!!}
Stamped the numbers
Each stocking will be filled with an activity for the day - could be a craft, or an event. A scripture. And a treat. {and Caleb will have a new felt ornament for his Christmas tree}.
I am not hanging the stockings on the string until AFTER Rachel and Caleb have looked inside to see what the day will hold!
I want them to visually see that we are adding a stocking each day and we are getting closer to CHRISTmas.
I will be blogging each day about what we will be doing. We are really looking forward to starting this new tradition!!!


2 comments:
What a fabulous idea! Looking forward to seeing this up close later today. CHRISTmas is a beautiful word.
Super cute!!! I love little stockings! I read a blog the other day who painted stripes on 24 clothespins and she said it took forever too!!
On another note, I woke up this morning and Hal of my calendar fell off the wall. Oh well. Have to rethink this one!
Post a Comment