We read the Book: Adventures of Rainbow Fish, {about 10 times!} and made our own Rainbow fish with tissue paper. You can find a fish template here . You can buy a pack of multiple colored tissue paper at Dollar Tree. I have found quite a few good school supplies there.
I bought some BINGO markers at Dollar Tree. I found a blog with printables for Caleb to find certain letters and mark them with the BINGO marker. They have printables for every letter of the alphabet. You can find it here. He really enjoyed this, and asked for another page!
Also from the same blog. we found this idea: you get some blocks (Also found at Dollar Tree) and trace a few in a pattern on paper, and then give your child the paper and the blocks and see if they can match the pattern. Caleb loved this. Then we stacked the blocks on top of each other making a tower. It was fun to see how high we could get the tower to go. Caleb has blocks upstairs in his room, so he named these new blocks the "downstairs blocks".
We also followed the instructions on Enchanted Learning and made an Edible Aquarium.
On the Blog: confessions of a homeschooler we found lots of fun activities. There are pages and pages of things to do for each letter of the alphabet, and more! I am definately going to reference this blog a lot. We printed off the sorting fish. I am trying to teach Caleb the concept of smallest to biggest. Well, because the fish are in color, he ONLY wants to sort them in the order of the rainbow. I might need to print something like this off in black and white!
On the same blog, we made a Fish lacing card. Caleb isn't really fond if lacing, but I think it is good for eye hand co-ordination, and will keep working with him on this.
We are continuing to add to Calebs A-B-C spiral notebook. He loves to look through all the pages we have already finnished.

1 comment:
Totally cute!!! I have been wanting some of those markers. I was just at the dollar store too! Boo! Will have to make another trip. I think I'm going to combine E and ad when we start our abc's again. ;)
Post a Comment