Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 17th

Have you ever told a lie to be sure a surprise was not uncovered?  I think God understands those kinds.. and as a mom, I do too.

Nick was adamant that he could NOT come home for Christmas.  He gave me a list of reasons, and knowing that he is in the Navy now, and they "own him" as Robert says, I believed every word.. and was sad that he would have to spend Christmas alone.

Well, this afternoon, I was in my room getting ready to go to a party.. and IN WALKS NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "him mom" he says....  WOW!  What a great surprise!!!

Caleb was also super thrilled that his big brother was home.  Nick has a permanent shadow for the next 2 weeks!

3 comments:

The Shera's said...

Awesome! What a gift!

Karen said...

That's an awesome surprise. Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise!!