Friday, August 17, 2012

Sewing

I have not sewn in quite a while.  A good friend had baby #5.  I asked what they needed.  They replied.. we are really all set.. BUT a nice burp cloth would be great! 

Do you know how basically impossible it is to find a nice burp cloth?  Cloth diapers are not good enough!

So... I decided to get out my sewing machine, get a pattern.. some cute fabric and go to town.

It was FUN and easy!!!

The burp clothes are a patterned flannel on one side and a solid terrycloth on the other.


Then I decided to use some of the left over fabric and make a "taggie" blankie.


I love how everything came out.


I have since also made some for my cousin who just had her first baby - a boy!!!

I got a little more creative - and followed a tutorial by my friend Erin:  Monogram


Now, I get to make some for my soon to be grandson: Levi!!!!  Can't wait!


No comments: