Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Health Resolutions

I am declaring a health resolution.  It is good to make changes to your life and routine, and common to make them on January 1st.

I have made a few resolutions, but my biggest one is to do a little bit of exercise each day.

For Christmas we bought a Wii for the whole family.

We have it downstairs in the FAMILYroom.  We also bought a fit board so we can track progress and start doing some indoor exercising.  We got a Nickelodeon Fit game for Caleb, and we also got Dance Party 3.  So, no more excuses!!!

On Jan 1st. I got my profile set up.  Took my weight.. got my BMI, made my goals.

Today, the Wii informed me that I have lost .2 pounds and my "age" is 35.  Happy me!!!  {not telling my real age.. and it is not polite to ask!}

I need to be more flexible, gain more strength in my muscles.

My amazing friend, Karry is a runner and so inspiring.  Recently, she helped my other amazing friend, Joy, run her first 5K.  This is a new goal of mine.  So, here we go.. slowly working up to being able to walk/run the River Run 5K in March... and then on to more!!!

What is your health resolution for 2012???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it ! NO EXCUSES ! My Resolution is to exercise at least 3 days a week ! ( running / jogging ) A little change at a time, can make a HUGE difference can't it !?!
Blessings to you ! -Holley K

Mom said...

Wow, Joanne, good for you! This sounds great!

Unknown said...

I totally want to do a race but not yet. Too busy in early baby mode. But maybe later this year!!

Good goals you have and I'm with you, more me time!!! More crafting nights!!