Monday, December 26, 2011

Once a Month cooking... my way

I need to do better about cooking daily.   I hate the drudgery of menu planning.  I like to cook, it is the planning, shopping, prepping, etc.. that I dislike.  I seriously need a personal chef!!!  But, I know I need to work on this, so cooking more for my family is my main New Years Resolution.

I have been reading about the concept of once a month cooking.  I personally do not think that would work for me - so I am modifying the concept to suit my life style and the time I have to devote to this.

There are lots of menus to be found online for meals that are freezer friendly.  I went searching.

I decided to tackle 4 meals this week that I will triple, so that we will have 4 meals for this week, and 8 to freeze for later.  My goal is to stock my freezer with 2-4 weeks of meals at all times.  I am getting excited about this!!!

I read over this website, and might get the book.. not sure yet:  There are some great tips on the site.

The 30 day gourmet

This week I will be making:

Chili - I follow the recipe on the back of the packet.. easy enough

Spaghetti -  I use canned sauce - add a variety of meats, and sauted veggies.  This is one meal I have been good at stocking the freeer with - just not lately.

I found 2 new recipes to try this week on food.com







First.. I shopped in my pantry and put all the ingredients on the counter that I already had.  Then I went to work on making my list.  Then to the store.  That was enough for today.. planning a menu for the next 10 days, and the shopping.  I will make my first new dish tomorrow... I will let you all know how it turns out!!!

Do you have some favorite recipes that you double to freeze?  Please share if you do!!!

No comments: