Monday, October 17, 2011

Bye Bye Paci-poo

Caleb wasn't wanting to give up the pacifier... I know I know.. should have taken it away a while ago, but we let Rachel keep hers till she was 3, and she was READY to give it up.. so we decided to wait with Caleb too. 



We got to the point where the paci was "just" for sleeping...

For the past few days, he has insisted on having it ALL day long, while he was playing with all his "Andy's toys"

Yesterday afternoon he came downstairs with both his pacis and we had this conversation:

Caleb:  Paci yucky
Me: Your pacifiers are yucky??
Caleb: yes, yucky
Me: well, then maybe we need to throw them away, in the trash
Caleb: ok
Proceeds to run into the kitchen, and he throws them away, and says "bye paci"
then goes upstairs to play

Hmmm... wonder how this will play out at bed time?  And I told Robert.. NO running to Target at midnight to buy new ones!!!  :)

Bed time....

Caleb:  I want my paci NOW
Me: ummm... you said they were yucky
Caleb: shocked looked of realization and knowing what is about to happen.. it was SO cute
Me: where is your paci??
Caleb: in the trash
Me: yep.. they are all gone.  You will be fine.  Good night.
Caleb: night night mommy I love you.

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slept ALL night!!!!

4 comments:

Mom said...

That is a fabulous story! Praise God for another precious miracle! Caleb is such a sweetie!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious!! Hope he's still doing good for you. Our goal is 3 years also!!

Stefanie said...

Yay Caleb!!

Kym said...

Too cute!!! Hope it stays that easy!!