Thursday, January 6, 2011

Digital vs paper

I have really enjoyed the way I scrapbooked for 2010... a photo a day, and a layout per week.  For the kids albums, I did a month in review.  I am a tad behind in their pages, but have the goal to get 2010 DONE by the end of January.

But what to do for 2011???  I want to try something different. I know that 2011 will be busy, and my hobby time will be mostly used up by our Visalus business- which I am VERY happy about!!!  But, I still want to scrapbook and make cards.

So, I think I will try my hand at digital scrapbooking for 2011.  For all the albums, I will do a month in review page, and then at the end of the year, use a company like Snapfish, to make a hard cover book of my layouts.

When you consider printing photos, buying adhesive, and all kinds of fun scrap supplies, I bet the cost will actually be cheaper over the course of the year.

I still want to make cards - because one of my New Years goals is to send out more personal notes.  So, I will still have the fun of cutting paper and using glue! :)

With digital layouts, I can still upload them here for everyone to see - so that is a plus as well.

I think this will work well for me!  I sure hope so!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Go for it!

Karen said...

You'll love digi. Amazingly in 2010 I got 175 layouts done doing digi.

Unknown said...

Because I've got to make room for another body and probably losing the scrap room, I've got to get rid of some stuff. I don't scrap much anymore besides cards but if I did, I think I would go digital too!