Monday, May 30, 2011
Sewing!!
I am loving my new craft table!
We are going on several mini trips over the summer. I wanted Caleb to have a travel pillow. My dear friend Karry suggested getting one at Walgreens - $3.99. The pillow is overstuffed.. so take out half the stuffing and make another pillow! I did that, and Rachel wanted the other one.. she cut off some jeans last month to make shorts, and kept the bottom of the jeans, so we modified one of the jean legs, to make her a pillow case for her travel pillow! So cute, and VERY teenager "cool".
I bought 2 fabrics for Calebs pillow, so I could have a spare pillow case just in case while we are traveling. When I was done with the first case, Caleb wanted to try out the pillow and then wanted the extra fabric as a blankie... cute.. he loved it...
So I figured, why not use the extra fabric and make a travel blankie?!!! This way his favorite ones can stay home, and no chance of losing them.
I took the leftover fabric, added co-ordinating fabric all the way around (left overs from his quilt in his room) and now we have a reversible "blankie" for travel, with matching pillow cases!!! What fun!
It only took about 2 hours to make. While I was working on it, Rachel was on my computer MAKING me listen to music to approve for her playlist.. so all in all - a very productive afternoon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment