Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4th

Today I got a phone call from my brother.  He wanted me to find a photo, scan it, and email to him.  Thought it would be fun to make this photo my "photo of the day". 

I took this photo many many years ago.  We lived in South Africa while I was in high school.  A few times, we went on vacation to Kruger Park.  This was before the age of digital anything, and I only had a 110 instamatic camera.  I was about 14 years old.  There was a teeny, barely there, barbed wire fence in between the lodge place we were staying at - and "The Wild".  This elephant was just a hundred feet away maybe?  It was seriously very close. (NO zoom lense here!)   I was intrigued by it.  Watched it for a while, and waited to get the perfect shot.  I think I got it!  This photo has been treasured by our whole family, and it was fun to have Steve call and ask me to find it and get him a copy! 

Thanks Steve for the walk down memory lane this afternoon!!!


4 comments:

Mom said...

WOW!!! It still is exciting to see! What a blessing.

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is so cool! I want to hear your South Africa story! :)

Rebecca said...

That is amazing! You should copy and frame that up in your house!

Unknown said...

W.O.W.!!