Friday, November 19, 2010

November 19th

Wreaths, wreaths, wreaths.. tis the season... but really, all year should be, because they are so pretty!!

It all started when Eva started posting photos of cute wreaths she made about a year ago.  Week after week it seemed there was a new one, and more recently, she posts about them alot more frequently!  And as a result, several of my friends have the wreath making bug!  Look at what Erin made and Christina.  I just HAD to join them!!!  So, today I went to Michaels, bought the necessary supplies, and went to work!  It was a lot of fun

Here is my straw wreath form, fully wrapped in yarn:



Then I made some felt flowers - Eva, Erin and Christina have links to the tutorials on their blogs...


Added in a sprig of beads/leaves

Here is the finished wreath!


Not sure where I will hang it, and I will most likely get a better ribbon.  I love it!!!  Took about 1 1/2 hours total.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love it! So beautiful! Yay for wreath making! :)

Mom said...

I loved the one with the white flowers that I saw. Yours is absolutely gorgeous! Pretty colors!!

Erin @ Isaboo Designs said...

Totally LOVE! You can do so much with those yarn wreaths and some felt rosettes! Excellent job! Is it going on your front door?

Oh and I made the white flower one :)Im glad someone like my oval wreath, haha!

Unknown said...

I love it!!!! Love the colors. They are very subtle Christmas colors. That reads odd but makes sense in my mind. ;-) Anyways, I feel like I could make this wreath for each month of the year - I love it that much!!

Rebecca said...

great job!!! I really like it alot!!

Anonymous said...

Joanne it looks great. I am in the process of my Christmas one. Love yours.