Monday, June 4, 2012

Date night!!!!

Robert and I have been SO busy for the past few years.  Date nights, and going away for a few days have not been existent.  Time to change that!

I found a Groupon for a stay at the Wyndham - it included a full breakfast as well.

We made arrangements for the kids.  Robert had no idea what we were doing, except that he had to reserve 1/2 of Sunday and 1/2 of monday for US... and he would find out later what we were doing.

We got to the hotel in time to have a NAP before dinner plans.  A NAP... seriously.. a NAP... :) A nap with NO little one climbing on me saying MOMMY MOMMY!!!!  A real true undisturbed NAP!  It was amazing.   You mommies can relate I am sure!!!

Then off to the water taxi, which took us across the river to The Landing


First stop:  Seafood place for appetizers.  Robert got the crab cake.  It was massive!!!



Everything above is edible - Robert even ate the orchid! :)

I had fabulous seafood bisque!


Then we went on a nice leisurely walk. 
Went to a different restaurant for dinner.
Then another place for an ice cream cone.



Back on the water taxi.


We got off a couple stops from the hotel, so we could have another nice walk.



The moon coming up (photo above)

The sun going down (photo below)





Friendship Fountain






Ended the nite with a yummy fruity Rum drink at the hotel bar.

Date nights should be more frequent.. and I think this is the start of making sure that happens!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yah! Looks fabulous! I haven't been on that water taxi in forever. I'm thinking a date night for us too to do that! And an undisturbed nap sounds amazing too!!