Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today's fun... crayon art!

Yesterday, when we were at our pool playdate - I saw an adorable art project that my friend did with crayons.  She told me she found it on Pinterest... a site I had not yet succumbed to... ahhh... now I am hooked! :)  If you are on Pinterest, be sure and follow me and I will follow you!

Simple and fun art project:

Materials needed:
  • crayons
  • sturdy paper - or an art canvas
  • hot glue gun
  • embossing gun - or hair dryer

Have your sweet one help you chose the color of paper - Caleb chose red. 


 Then have them chose the order to hot glue the crayons onto the paper.
Next time, I am going to break the crayons in half. No need for the whole crayon.


 All the crayons are glued to the top of the paper - next time I will glue them a little lower, so we have space at the top to hang them on the clothespin line in his room


Go outside for this next step - it is MESSY.  Hold the paper upright.
Using your embossing gun, heat the crayons until the wax melts and starts running down the paper.

Ta-Da! {as Caleb would say}  The finished project. 
 He showed daddy and said "Look what I made!" 


I am definately going to do this again - but with a canvas, so that it is more sturdy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute! It's on my to-do list also!

Joanne said...

Today,. I bought a canvas.. and a 64 pack of crayons! Can't wait to try this again!!! :)