Monday, September 26, 2011

Displaying Art Work

I wanted a way to display Calebs art work, and coloring pages.  He has a long blank wall in his room, and thought this would be the perfect spot!

Gather your supplies:  It definately helps to have a teenager daughter who LOVES to paint, and has a great stash of all paint colors under the sun!  Thanks Rachel!!!

I was going to use the screw/eyes - but the plaster walls of This Old House wouldn't have nothing of that.. so instead, we used the new Command removable hooks.  Worked perfect.



Paint all the clothespins, various colors to match the room decor, and then embellish with dots, and swirls - and even let the little one help!  {Which Caleb thoroughly enjoyed!}



Hang on the wall, and display the art work!


The wall is already FULL.  I will have to secretly remove items to hang up new ones.  Caleb is SO pleased to see HIS handiwork in his room.  He will go in his room, and yell to me.. "mommy come here, I show you"... I will walk in and he gets the biggest grin on his face, and just points and says "ta-da!"  SO adorable!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

This turned out sooo well!!! I haven't gotten to hear the "ta-da!" yet, that will be fun!

Beautiful Mess said...

That is so clever! Love it!

Unknown said...

Aww cute! Leona just picked me up something from ikea so I can hang stuff on the wall too. Just got to get J to hang it for me! :-)