Wednesday, March 30, 2011

$20 special blessing

So... today, Rachel and I were shopping at Target.  She was trying on clothes.. I was in and out of the dressing room handing her stuff, taking back the things she was done with, etc...
There was a sweet older lady also in the dressing room
At one point, she got close to Rachel and said "Did you take my purse?"  I was not near Rachel, but heard the lady talking to her.  Rachel exclaimed: "NO ma'am, I for sure didn't"... Rachel was a bit taken aback - of course.
Not even a minute later, the lady found her purse - she had left it outside the fitting rooms.
She came back in, let Rachel know she found it, and by then I was also in there.  She gushed over how honest Rachel was, and how rare it is to find honest teenagers now a days.  She reached into her purse, pulled out a $20 - and handed it to Rachel as a "reward" for being honest.  Rachel said.. "oh no no no I can't take that.. no"  The lady insisted.. she wanted to bless Rachel. 
It was SO sweet to watch Rachel get overwhlemed and blessed like that.
I personally think the lady was a angel sent especially to Rachel today to bless her.  She was so excited after that!  What a fun day!
Oh, and she got some cute clothes too! :)